The Positive Breastfeeding Book
When you're expecting a new baby, suddenly everyone around you becomes an expert – particularly when it comes to how to feed them. It is easy to become overwhelmed by conflicting advice, myths and exaggerated stories. The Positive Breastfeeding Book cuts through the anecdotes, giving you clear, no-judgement, non-preachy, evidence-based information to help you make the right decisions for you and your baby. It will…
- help you understand how breastfeeding works
- give you tips for planning for your baby's arrival
- help you cope with those early months
- support you to make sure that whilst you're looking after the baby, you're getting taken care of too
- point you to how to seek help if challenges come up
- guide you through feeding in public, going back to work, and even rediscovering a glass of wine
You'll find plenty of real stories and guidance throughout from mothers and experts in supporting breastfeeding. There are handy chapters on formula and mixed feeding, which cut through advertising spiel and give you the facts you need to choose and use formula safely.
The Positive Breastfeeding Book doesn't promise to make it easy, nor will it get up in the middle of the night for you, but it will empower you with the knowledge and encouragement you need to feed your baby with confidence.
Pinter & Martin
Author: Amy Brown
Publishers: Pinter & Martin
Format: 234 x 155 mm